Author Topic: Shorcut Kits make statpadding irrelevant?  (Read 2715 times)

uzishan

• Reputation Power: 0
  • uzishan has no influence.
    • View Profile
Shorcut Kits make statpadding irrelevant?
« on: October 22, 2016, 11:37:24 »
Just checked out on origin today for another game and noticed bf4 has those shortcut kits now for sale. Do they make statpadding irrelevant nowadays?
most of that statpadding was done due to the lack of Shortcut kits as an option. I came here as I remembered I appealed a ban for that stuff which got refused. Won't make a new appeal as it's useless, I'm just curious.

Cheers!

Fair_Admin

• Global Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 213
  • Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
Re: Shorcut Kits make statpadding irrelevant?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 19:05:25 »
Statpadding is still a violation of terms of EA. And your banappeal was denied as you were using additional software which gave you an unfair advantage and which harms the game mechanic =so yes you cheated.
Hint: Most of the images I am posting are hyperlinks, redirecting to the source, where the screenshot was made of. (Just click on the picture, to see the original source!)

Fair_Admin on Metabans: http://metabans.com/Fair_Admin

uzishan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 02:11:03 »
actually I only statpadded back in early game when I didn't even know something like that existed(I found out ~2 years later after a fight on bf4db about it when I also appealed the ban here). Like most people,I didn't read the ToA. As for that "illegal" software I did talk with an EA/Origin representative. Applications bundled with mouses and the configurations made on them. Illegal addons to those programs(if there is such thing) are bannable by EA standards. The previous software, for my previous mouse was the Oscar Mouse Editor for the A4tech X7 R4 mouse. Now I use the Logitech Gaming Software(as I own the G502). Pretty much you guys banned me for using official software. Yeah this kind of software sure brings an advantage over someone who only affords a cheap mouse but well, while I can be accused of statpadding(surprisingly ea didn't ban me on a direct chat with them, telling them I did this) I didn't actually cheat. well only if having more expensive gear counts as cheating. The first and last game I cheated was honestly AoE 2 where I liked spamming the cobras in single player(lovely times)

Fair_Admin

• Global Moderator
  • Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!Fair_Admin is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 06:20:56 »
Any software for recoil compensation even if bundled with your mouse is considered as cheating. And what a supporter of EA does say in such case doesn't count, as supporters are NOT involved in any anticheat systems and don't have any clue.
Hint: Most of the images I am posting are hyperlinks, redirecting to the source, where the screenshot was made of. (Just click on the picture, to see the original source!)

uzishan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 10:08:10 »
soo you're telling me that legal software is actually illegal if it allows you to set your mouse to lower or raise dpi when you press a secondary button to trigger a "sniper mode" effect similar to the precision/dpi shift button of the logitech g502? and supporters are not involved,they open cases tho.

this is the kind of stuff I set up for my mouse : http://imgur.com/a/T5o3S http://imgur.com/a/e3F9u  . Now please tell me how this is illegal(same things I was setting up for my x7 r4 but just with a4tech app)

Fair_Admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 11:26:59 »
1. I am not talking about illegal,  I am talking about not allowed.
2. Also I am not talking about changing dpi.
3. 1st  level supporter like those you are talking in chat and at Hotline don't have any clue about game internal fairness and violations of ToS and so on.

Anyway we're getting too far from the original topic

uzishan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 12:02:53 »
1&2. That is what i did, change dpi and used a button that keeps a different dpi config while i hold it pressed,does wonder for aiming.
3. Well I know they don't know,just mentioned I had a case elevated. one of the bf4db kids annoyed me hence the reason I contacted support and had my account under investigation for 2weeks.

true, regarding that original topic. Isn't statpadding illegal only if done on official servers? that is what I was told after the investigation ended and why my account wasn't banned in bf4.

Fair_Admin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 12:14:23 »
Statspadding is not allowed in all ranked server settings

uzishan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 12:35:10 »
soo i just got lucky in the investigation i guess.